Today's Tip is centered on promoting your Facebook Business Page by creating posts that have the potential to 'go viral.' Social Media, especially Facebook, is like a party - you hear great gossip, interesting facts and funny stories. Think about the items that go "viral" on the internet and they fall into these categories. When creating content for your FanPage use these same ideas. Rotate the posts so that they are changing. Your goal is always to "Connect."
Why Do People 'Share'?
People share stories on Facebook for the same reasons they gossip and talk in real life. It may sound daunting to consider what makes people promote a story or post but here are some reasons people click that infamous 'share' button...
• It helps us connect - we are always looking to strengthen relationships with people.
• It's useful - we all love to share a good deal or insight.
• It starts a conversation - people like knowing how others feel or think about a complicated or controversial topic (it helps them decide how they feel).
• It strikes an emotional chord - if you feel something deeply, its hard not to talk about it.
• It helps define us - this is like broadcasting all the layers of our identity to find others like us.
• It's funny - who doesn't want to share a good laugh?
• It makes us look smart - who doesn't want to look smart? Provide a benefit and people will pass it on.
• It makes us feel part of something bigger - this is especially important for philanthropic groups and causes.
• It's Juicy - If the information is surprising, interesting and cool - it's too good not to share. Pay attention within your niche to unique stuff that is being shared and use it to great your own viral opportunity.
Time for Action
We are not affiliated with Facebook in anyway. All of these tips are based on our own knowledge and research of public resources