Today's Tip is centered on promoting your Facebook Business Page by creating a Facebook custom URL- sometimes also known as a username. Having a specific username allows you to easily direct people to your page.
What is a Username?
Once you have 25 fans/likes - Facebook will allow you to specify a username.
Example: www.Facebook.com/Qlixite (This is the username for our page.)
Before we had 25 fans it was: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Qlixite/205650412815061
Can you see the difference? The first one is much easier to print on media and websites. Plus it's easier for people to remember and type in.
How to Set A Username?
This is really easy but remember - Facebook will not allow you to set your name until you have 25 fans. PLUS!!! You can NOT change it once you set it - so be sure you have spelled it correctly.
• Go to your admin panel of your Facebook business page
• Click on 'Manage'
• Click 'Edit Page'
• From the left side menu - click 'Basic Information'
• The 4th item from the top is username. If you have at least 25 fans, click 'Create Username'
• Type in the Name you want and check the availability. If you have a common name, it might be taken. Try a variation.
• Remember to keep it short and easy to read/remember
• Capital letters are okay (It will not make a difference whether people actually type it with capitals)
• Letters, Numbers or Periods (".") are allowed
• Username must contain at least one letter
• Usernames are NOT transferrable & cannot be changed
• Check out Facebook guidelines here
Time for Action
We are not affiliated with Facebook in anyway. All of these tips are based on our own knowledge and research of public resources